POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray speed under Linux : Re: POV-Ray speed under Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray speed under Linux
From: Adrien Beau
Date: 29 May 2001 07:24:54
Message: <3B13871A.4F806D61@sycomore.fr>
Peter Popov wrote:

> OTOH, if you grab pgcc 2.97.2.1 and compile with most or all
> Pentium-III optimizations, you will get a *significant* speed boost.
> Tested.

Err, you mean 2.95.2.1, I think? That's the latest version
they seem to have at http://www.goof.com/pcg/. There are
no specific optimization for Pentium-III (they have Pentium
Pro, like gcc). But the generic Pentium optimization they
did sound promising. I'll give it a try (unless there's a
2.97 with Pentium-III optimizations somewhere and I missed it?)

--
Adrien Beau - adr### [at] freefr - http://adrien.beau@free.fr