POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : collection of objects : Re: collection of objects Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: collection of objects
From: Paul Jones
Date: 25 May 2001 08:18:23
Message: <3B0E4D30.555DB6B8@psu.edu>
> For one: the glass pieces to me look too much 'not present', I don't
> know how to say it. Their presence is too little accentuated, as if they
> could vanish any moment.

I think the term "ghostly" is what i use :-)  Yeah, I know, I can't seem
to get a good balance of crystalline glass and visibility...
> And then: what floor is the board on? A table top? Even when doodling
> you could give the impression we look at recognizable objects.

I needed something, they were floating in space, but that looked to fake
:-) I have no final destination for this image, it is not a still life
or anything, just trying different techniques. I might put everthing on
a nice wooden table, but we'll see...
> At last: the perspective is somewhat odd, IMO. Perhaps the camera should
> be a lot lower?

The camera position was taken from real life (kinda), I mean to say that
I had a chess board set up and looked at it from a particular angle and
distance, then placed the POV camera in such a way as to mimic the
perspective distortion of the square chess board.

I don't have time for and hard-core pov work, so I like to just mess
around whenever I get a few minutes.

thanks for the comments!!!
-paul

--

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /