POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) : Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 23 May 2001 03:11:19
Message: <3B0B62E6.2D72145@gmx.de>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> Please tell me what would look better. I used a fill-light in the inside to
> lighten things up, maybe that's what you see? What do you suggest?

I would try it without the fill light, radiosity has not so much effect
right now.  There should be much higher contrast between outside and
inside, unless there is a very large window behind the camera of course.

In any case for example the gab between the two cabinets should be very
dark, the (shadowless) fill light avoids this right now.

> > radiosity settings (if it's used, i'm not totally
> > sure) should have a lower error_bound,
>
> Is 0.05 too big?

No, but with the fill light you don't see much of it.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>