POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape WIP2 (~64KBU) : Re: Landscape WIP2 (~64KBU) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape WIP2 (~64KBU)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 May 2001 12:22:11
Message: <3B0A927A.AB90A521@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   Radiosity makes the landscape very blueish. That besides being slow as ****.

I know - why should others have fast scenes if i don't have... ;-)

The bluish appearance is quite common if you add radiosity to a landscape
scene, modifying the textures and making the light source more intense can
help, of course you can also play with gray_threshold and brightness.

>   I haven't changed the clouds in any way, so it must be the different
> image size.

The old one seems to have more grey in the center of the clouds, maybe the
lighting has changed?

> : For the water i would try something different, the combination of a very
> : large scale and a very fine structure looks somewhat strange.  Maybe use a
> : more linear structure for the large waves.
>
>   I'm not quite sure about what you mean.

Just try to scale the noise3d or whatever in one direction or use ripples,
marble, etc.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>