POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray and Dual Processor. : Re: Povray and Dual Processor. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray and Dual Processor.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 May 2001 13:45:52
Message: <3B095494.8BCFEEF1@gmx.de>
Jorge Faria wrote:

> I am using Povray 3.1 with FreeBSD 4.3 and everything is working so i just
> wanna know how can i benchmark my machine. Its a pretty old dual-processor
> PII-300.
>
> Btw i assume Povray is multiprocessor-aware program , am i right ?

Povray itself does not use several processors, of course if the OS
supports it and there are other processes running, it will be faster.

If you want to use several processors in a system for Povray you can try
to use PVM and run several instances of PVMPov, see:

http://www.luga.de/~flierl/pvmpov/
http://www.wozzeck.net/images/pmp/

For benchmarks, see:
http://www.haveland.com/index.htm?povbench/index.htm