POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) : Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Couch of Ivan Ilych (~271kau)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 May 2001 01:47:02
Message: <3B08AC25.FE1D5141@gmx.de>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> Short story by Leo Tolstoy (The Death of Ivan Ilych). I'm in a short story
> class at FSU. I didn't turn in my homework (creative response) on Wednesday,
> so I had to turn a very creative response on Monday. I stayed up till 5AM
> doing this. I should have used a higher max_trace_level. Weep with me. <17
> hours to render. I'm turning it in like this. No time for a rerender. :(

The composition looks good, it has much potential IMO.  But the lighting
seems to be improvable, radiosity settings (if it's used, i'm not totally
sure) should have a lower error_bound, the sunlight should be smaller
leading to sharper shadows.  Furthermore i think higher contrast would be
more realistic.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>