POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Strata (Tiling) [25 + 32 Kbu, jpg] : Re: Strata (Tiling) [25 + 32 Kbu, jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strata (Tiling) [25 + 32 Kbu, jpg]
From: Anton Sherwood
Date: 17 May 2001 12:24:33
Message: <3B03FB7C.D66B0EFB@pobox.com>
You know about the 17 "wallpaper" symmetry groups?

> . . . I wonder if any of the other archimedians have duals, and
> what they would look like... Thanks :-> I already had so little
> time, now I have a new branch to explore !

Every tiling has a dual.
The dual of a semiregular tiling is a Voronoi map, and thus can be
implemented as a variant of crackle, with the nuclei on a lattice.

Yet another crackle extension that I want to try.  (see also
http://ogre.nu/tumble/)  Is there a faq somewhere for patchers-wannabe?

--
Anton Sherwood  --  br0### [at] p0b0xcom  --  http://ogre.nu/