POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau) : Re: Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightflow-inspired render WIP 2 (~11kau)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 15 May 2001 20:46:14
Message: <3B01CC7E.CC376FE@videotron.ca>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone can tell me how you would do the pointy
> triangles of the crown. I think making it out of a couple thousand
> (<17k) spheres in a blob {} is a bad idea, isn't it? :\ Maybe an
> isosurface can do this just as well, or some fancy CSG.

Not even really fancy...

difference{
    sphere{ < 0,0,0 > 6 }
    sphere{ < 0,1,0 > 6 }
    #local i=0;
    #while( i < 360 )
        sphere{ <6,0,0> 3 rotate y*i }
        #local i=i+45;
    #end
}

Adjust radii and sphere locations to taste.

P.S.:  3 days for a pic this size?  Ouch!
--
Francois Labreque | In the future, performance will be measured
    flabreque     | by the size of your pipe.