POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel 3 (70k) : Re: water tunnel 3 (70k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel 3 (70k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 15 May 2001 12:29:53
Message: <3B0159D3.F506737E@gmx.de>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>     Right, but if the observer didn't -suspect- any trickery, it would pass.
> They probably wouldn't even notice the regularity and if they did they would
> simply wonder at it, not assume that it must be a fake.

If i do a nice color print with some additional blur, graininess and dirt,
you could be fairly right.  More important than technical aspects are
probably the form of presentation and the actual content of the picture
(if the stones were flying...)

>     I think that we who do know better are much more discerning than the
> average guy and it is helpful to remember that when tweaking an image for
> weeks. Another week to get the light on the underside of a leaf that most
> people won't even notice may not be worth it...

I think we also tend to loose objectivity when looking at the same scene
too often - after several 70hour traces you can simply get bored by
certain details...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>