POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) : Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Off-topic picture of roots (79KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 14 May 2001 20:45:26
Message: <3B007C2A.D0199EFE@online.no>
yooper wrote:

> yooper: Interesting idea to leave blobs components
> along a flock trail. I'll give this a thought (or two).
> ----------
>
> I was thinking about how roots often grow around one another . . .
> and then I flashed on how the flocking algorithum employs a
> collision detection function ( just what Christoph suggested be used
> with an l-system algorithm).  Of course, this brings to mind your
> Antiblobs . . . they also *avoid* the other components space.
>
> I was thinking about this all night at work . . . (these things alwayz
> bug me until I find a resolution ;) and I wondered if you had yet
> expanded your Antiblob macro to include AntiCylinders ?  I have
> no experience with them and I may be wrong but . . . doesn't POVray
> or MegaPOV allow cylinders to be affected by the blob thing?
> If so, then it might be possible to use tapered, curved Antiblob
> cylinders to simulate growth that would have that avoid feature.

> got tonz of ideas . . .
> & no time to follow up on any of 'em.  sad, ain't it   ;(
> but I'm happy to give them away . . . as long as someone can use them ;)

Thank you for sharing more of these ideas of
yours yooper !

I have not yet made any "cylinder antiblobs",
but maybe it will produce exiting results.
(The math wouldn't bee too difficult I think
...)

And yes: IIRC one can use cylinder
components within blobs.

But unfortunately at the moment I don't have
much time for POV-experimenting either.
=(

BTW: Are you working during the night ??

--
Best regards,

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom