POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon : Re: Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting rid of shadows on ONE single polygon
From: Simon Lemieux
Date: 13 May 2001 23:16:50
Message: <3AFF1662.6AFDD737@yahoo.com>
> If it's a separate polygon statement (a CSG of several of those?) then I'd
> expect no_shadow to do just that.  Hmm, no, I misread what you were saying.
>
> How about MegaPov and the light groups?  That could do it. Assign all but
> the singled out polygon to one light, then another light just for the
> unshadowed one.
> So... if it's a polygonal section of one polygon statement I guess you'll
> need to break it up into more than one polygon statement first.

I was able to fake something for it by adding spotlights directed on that
polygon, that got rid of most of the shadow, but I'm not pretty proud about
it...  I needed this for tonight and now it's gone...  But for my personnal
knowledge and for next time, I wonder how I could do it with only the Official
Povray!

no_shadow controls the Casting of shadow, if I set all the other polygons to
no_shadow, then there is indeed no shadow on my central polygon, but there is
also no shadow on the smaller polygons all around...  Adding no_shadow to my
central polygon only stops the cast of its shadow on the other polygons (but
there is still the shadow of the other polygons on it...)

Thanks,
  Simon

--
| Simon Lemieux                  | http://666Mhz.myip.org/   |