POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel 2 (63k) : Re: water tunnel 2 (63k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 08:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel 2 (63k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 10 May 2001 11:49:03
Message: <3AFAB8A6.7C5734A6@gmx.de>
"Bob H." wrote:

> I was going to disagree about it being too dark but I think I know what you
> mean.  The sunlit part could be made more intense to match the bright sky,
> in that way it might seem to relate to a darkened tunnel better.

Exactly, the range of contrast in this one is quite low and the brightness
of the shadowed parts much more depends on the fog and other things than
on the light source.

> I was also thinking that the waters color might do well with a change from
> shallow to deep (in the distance).

Sounds like a good idea, i am already playing with a darker ground too.

> It is a great rendering.

Thanks, having to look at it for >70 hours probably makes it look worse
than it is. :-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>