POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk : Re: Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Galileo Thermometer v2 with strange quirk
From: ml
Date: 9 May 2001 13:56:29
Message: <3AF985F5.4498D55E@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>
"Bob H." wrote:

> Try putting diffuse 0 into the haze plane finishes.  Thing about
> reflections (and specular highlights) is that regardless of
> transparency the object will tend to show.

... And that was the one parameter I missed!...

> I see that the lathe/camera defect is there, aligned where the camera
> height is at.  Wish that were preventable, other than moving the
> camera away from any intersecting plane.

And then spoiling the intended perspective. I guess two lathes and a
cylinder could be used instead. Or the next version of POV to fix it.
However, other doodlings are in progress at present.

> I've redone that scene file to be more of the actual thermometer I got
> for Christmas, I wasn't modelling it directly from the real thing
> before. Should I repost that?  It never got completed...

For the sake of curiosity, the incomplete version, posted or emailed
would be of interest.

Martin.

--
Martin Lomas