POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My chess set : Re: My chess set Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My chess set
From: Ryan Constantine
Date: 9 May 2001 12:00:31
Message: <3AF9699E.FCDBEA61@ucdavis.edu>
'perfectly aligned' by a human still isn't perfect.  iirc, we can see
down to about 4/1000 of an inch which is pretty small, but that doesn't
mean we can make our hands move things by such slight amounts.  you
would still need a robot to position the pieces 'exactly'.  so even the
obsessive compulsive couldn't position them exactly.  there would simply
be less jitter, in which case a positioning macro could have several
jitter settings: near perfect, regular, or sloppy.