POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Iso-equation query : Re: Iso-equation query Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-equation query
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 8 May 2001 13:05:43
Message: <3AF82777.39719F7A@comtrade.ee>
Tom Melly wrote:

> "Nekar Xenos" <j-p### [at] citywalkcoza> wrote in message
> >
> > > I don't think isos work with complex numbers
> >
> > So you can't do iso-mandelbrots?
> >

> Well, you can't have iterations in an iso. I've wondered if, provided you
> were willing to accept a fairly low number of iterations, it would still be
> possible by nesting the iterations (which would no longer be iterations).
If you get last version of POVMan, then you can use specific shader type
iso_function for isosurface potential calculation. Shader language
supports for and while cycles, so it is quite easy write 'recursive'
iso-functions. POVMan documentation contains example of menger sponge,
where you can specify iteration depth by setting shader input parameter
and watch, how sponge disappears...