POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray newsgroups : Re: POV-Ray newsgroups Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray newsgroups
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 6 May 2001 16:22:52
Message: <3AF5B2AC.B78F5A80@comtrade.ee>
Daniel Lin wrote:

> I'm using OE 5.5.  Is there any way to get old messages?  It seems like I'm
> only getting the messages that have been sent since I subscribed around last
> week, except for p.b.animations, which I seem to have back to March 13,
> 2000.
You have to set according options. By default Outlook downloads only
small number of messages. Look in options section (Tools/Options menu
item, Read tab in dialog), there is under news group check box for Get
xxx headers at a time. Uncheck it, this should help. Additionally, you
have to turn off message deletion as well (in maintenance tab),
otherwise outlook will delete messages from local computer.
Disclaimer: This is somewhat an armchair recommendation, as I personally
don't use Outlook (So maybe this suggestion is not quite accurate, but
I'm sure, that more savy people will correct me.)