POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just testing - please ignore : Re: Just testing - please ignore (163 kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just testing - please ignore (163 kb)
From: Ib Rasmussen
Date: 6 May 2001 15:36:18
Message: <3AF5A799.6C685C1F@ibras.dk>
yooper wrote:

> Fantastic !!!

Thank you!

> You know I have to inquire about the brickwork . . .
> what techniques are you employing here ?  Are you
> using the brick texture from POVray, someone's macro
> or your own ?

I do use PovRay's brick pattern, but since it won't do different size
bricks, each layer is modelled as a separate box, and I have two
different size patterns, that I alternate between. If you want more
details, I can post some code.

> I can't imagine each brick being positioned
> individually although some must certainly be.

In the arches each brick is an individual box. The #while loop comes to
good use here.

> Does this represent an actual building ?

Oh yes, I am hopeless at making up stuff to model, I need something to
copy from. In fact it happens to be my old parish church, St Mark's on
Frederiksberg in Copenhagen.

> inspired to begin building something . . . real or virtual ;)

I can recommend brick buildings. They are easy to get to look good.

/Ib