POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Iso-equation query : Re: Iso-equation query Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iso-equation query
From: Alberto
Date: 4 May 2001 22:05:44
Message: <3AF35FB8.E9903A83@usb.ve>
Tom Melly wrote:

> In a book I'm reading, there is a nice 3d shape which the book says is the
> result of the equation:
>
> x^3 + y^3 = 1
>
> However, it comments "x and y are regarded as complex variables".
>
> What does a complex variable mean in this context and what would be the
> iso-surface function for the above?
>
> Many thanks in anticipation...

There is too little information to give you an answer. What I see is a
complex function which depends on four real variables with a real
constraint. I can't imagine how this could be used in a iso-surface. Is
there any other information in your book about how the shape was constructed?
If not, you could contact the author(s) and ask.

Regards, Alberto.