POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : everything_is_csg! : Re: everything_is_csg! Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: everything_is_csg!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 May 2001 11:30:11
Message: <3AF1799C.53099413@gmx.de>
Al_Canada wrote:

> I agree that my texturing knowledges still need a lot of improvement...
> I took a closer look to Woods.inc,  and realized it was not that easy
> to "manipulate"! I think the best way of getting good finishes with woods
> is by applying layered textures with filterings... Is it ?!

As you said, layered textures are often quite difficult to manipulate.  Of
course they have the enormous advantage that you combine the different
layers in various ways to achieve many different effects.

Turning off reflection should not be a problem though.

Using nested pigments with pigment maps is often a good alternative to
layered textures.  In megapov you also have things like pigment_pattern
and displace warps that offer even more possibilities.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>