POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just_for_fun... : Re: Just_for_fun... Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just_for_fun...
From: Al Canada
Date: 2 May 2001 20:23:41
Message: <3AF0A4F2.10F325BC@sympatico.ca>

 .
> Very nice . . .  still my favorite things to see as 3D renders.
> Are these standard wood.inc files ????  have you experimented with
> various Varnishes . . . tinted finishes to "stain" the wood ?

Thank for the response...
It is done with standard woods.inc;  I should admit that I have a lot to
learn
with that kind of stuff,  cause I use to play more with forms than with
textures...
I know that we can tinte, or stain, the wood with layered textures, and w
ith
clever finish statements....  But this one is pretty simple :

  ambient 0.140
  diffuse 0.6
  roughness 0.002
  specular 0.8
  reflection 0.25
  brilliance 2.2

> This is csg  stuff also, eh?

Yes,  it is Pov bolean operators....

> I imagine that you have rendered many wooden objects . . . any web page

> or way to view your other works ?

lot of landscape and CSG and SPatch....  but not a lot of Woods,  to
my website ( below )

Thanks for the image . . . nice warm organic pic . . . very welcome after
 the
long Winter

> Yooper  (half-way to Quebec)

Where are you from ?!

www3.sympatico.ca/floral.audet/index.html