POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : tree plugin from keith : Re: tree plugin from keith Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: tree plugin from keith
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 30 Apr 2001 13:09:13
Message: <3AED9C81.549F5F0B@debitel.net>
Keith Hull schrieb:

> In this case very approximate ;-) I can't show the tree as I can't
> approximate the tree code. The only way is to render it from within
> Moray rather than exporting it. The circle is just there as a way to
> place the tree within the scene.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Keith

I also started thinking about using the Gilles Tran code as a plugin
source. There would be a way to do it, if you would switch the povray
macros to c++ macros & generate the tree from within the plugin. Then
you'd at least be able to use the connection points of the segments
(from the first few recursions) to build at (very low-end) wireframe. I
think this could be quite helpful. just think about it, Keith. Or if you
don't mind share the source code with me, so I'd not have to design all
the framework again :)

greets

Arne Kleinophorst