POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water tunnel (3*47k) : Re: water tunnel (3*47k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water tunnel (3*47k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Apr 2001 02:53:34
Message: <3AED0C0E.E7C46C1D@gmx.de>
Alberto wrote:

> To me it's hard to say which image is the best. They are all great!.

Thank you.

> I think i'll keep with the last one because of the stones under the
> water. However I prefer the water of the first picture and I think you
> should keep the row of bricks at the top of the tunnel (2nd image).

I added them because the first version looks too uniform IMO. The 3rd
picture is already a try to combine the first and the second somehow.

> I can see you're making some tests with the stone normal. I think the
> normal of the second image is better (surely it takes more time to render).

Well, it actually is no normal, but real isosurface displacement :-)
The first and third one use normal though.

> About the color for the stones, at first I thought about green, but I'm
> not sure this will do any good for the image. Some white spots
> representing salt accumulation could be added but this doesn't solve
> your question.

I think i will mostly try to make it wet near the waterline and maybe add
some touch of green algae.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>