POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Goldeniso take two (radiosity version) (156 Kb) : Re: Goldeniso take two (radiosity version) (156 Kb) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 10:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Goldeniso take two (radiosity version) (156 Kb)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Apr 2001 13:36:17
Message: <3AEC5129.8E2B00C3@gmx.de>
JRG wrote:

> Hi all.
> Following Christoph's suggestions I've added radiosity to the previous
> scene.
> I had to modify the golden texture a bit because it looked too bright with
> radiosity.
> As usual, jpg compression ate some of the reddish reflections.
> Render time was 5 hours 28 minutes 7 seconds.
> Comments welcome.
> Jonathan.

The line between self reflection and environment reflection is quite
strongly visible.  Adding more structure to the environment like colored
'mountains' and cloud structures in the sky would help (you would not need
high quality for that since it's just for the reflection).  If it looks
too shiny then (the reddish parts look quite shiny right now), i would try
blurred reflection which is of course very slow.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>