POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That one's better - Schiff2.jpg 100 kbbu : Re: That one's better - Schiff2.jpg 100 kbbu Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:21:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That one's better - Schiff2.jpg 100 kbbu
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Apr 2001 03:55:56
Message: <3AEA779E.64274764@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> Okay, I scaled the water ridgedMF different and made some other minor
> changes. I reduced the size of an area light and raised the accuracy-value
> of the water, so it took only 8 h and a bit.

The height of the waves looks much better now, maybe a lower scale would
be even better (as others mentioned, the scaling in the scene looks
slightly strange anyway, the waves look quite right in relation to the
tower, but not to the ship).

The line from the ship's sail directly in front of the sun should be
changed too IMO.

> Now if I could find a way to model the bow-wave (?) and the waves for the
> oars. Any ideas other than an image_map-pigment-function?

proximity pattern (see you in some years :-)

if they are in a line or some mathematical arrangement, you could do it
just with calculations.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>