POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Apr 2001 18:11:21
Message: <3AE89D29.637FE205@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> Hi all,
> here is my current scene. It took 30 h 13 m 5 sec on my PII 450, mostly
> because of the water which is really slow. That's bad, 'cause I'm not
> satisfied with it, but I don't think I'll work much on this one again until
> I get a faster computer and Pov 3.5 is out (up to 10 times faster Isos -
> will this help with a simple RigdedMF?).

With a simple RMF there is probably not that much gain in speed.

BTW, the water looks - hmm - not much like water :-)
The surface turbulence seems quite strong, therefore the reflections of
building and ship are hardly visible.  Maybe making the water flatter
would help.

The rest of the scene looks good, especially the atmosphere.

> Thanks to all the people I could borrow some code or models from, esp.
> Christoph Hormann for his 'realistic water' site, Peter Houston for the

Thanks, i did some new stuff with water recently and should really update
that tutorial.  Things are quite incomplete and misleading right now.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>