POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Weathered column WIP (102k) : Re: Weathered column WIP (102k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weathered column WIP (102k)
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 24 Apr 2001 07:27:58
Message: <3AE5633D.34D742C4@iki.fi>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> It looks a bit more like plaster(?) rather than stone, but the moss is
> nice.  The grass looks a bit regular.

Yeah, in fact the look of the column I was aiming at is stone covered
with plaster, but the plaster is chipping and stone becomes visible. I
wanted to recreate the look the ancient roman buildings have right now,
not being so sure what the exact materials were... I think I should read
history a bit.

> Maybe some additional roughness for the surface of both moss and stone
> would be good, but of couse that would slow down things

Thanks for ideas - I will try out. I have mostly tried to add roughness
by means of textures, because adding yet another layers of textures to
ISO surface would slow down the rendering once more, but let's see.

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/