POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : render on transparent background ? : render on transparent background ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  render on transparent background ?
From: Lothar Esser
Date: 23 Apr 2001 16:59:47
Message: <3AE497C5.83697719@helix.nih.gov>
Hi,

  I would like to know if it is possible to render an image on
transparent background. Initially I thought of
something like background {color <1,1,1> transmit 1} but it does not
seem to work ( background is still white )
I know that I can post-process an image by using say ImageMagick and set
all white background pixels to fully transparent. However I would like
to skip this extra step if possible.

Thanks.

Lothar.

--