POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : free borland : Re: free borland Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: free borland
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 18 Apr 2001 10:19:52
Message: <3ADDA2D6.6D31706A@aetec.ee>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I did it !

Made POV-Ray? Good!

> Your makefile is for standard povray not for megapov but there is no problem for
> me to generate proper makefile for megapov of for my own compilation of pov

Oops, my mistake. This is apparently older version of makefile, before
modifying it for megapov.

> > Warning: I'm afraid, that free version comes without optimizer: I've
> > tried to compile with and without optimization and there is no
> > difference, result is still much slower than VC++ version.
>
> Have you installed both service packs on your bcc55 ?
Don't know, perhaps not. Someone dl-ded it from Borland and I just
unpacked it in my computer.
Do You have both? How fast is rendering (e.g. of skyvase) with regard to
MS VC++ version?
I already thought, that I'll collect money and buy MS VC++ for
development (standard edition does not have optimizer, so I considered
Professional Edition), but its quite expensive; if Borland's free
version can do optimizing, then I'll go with it.