POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The last hurrah for the piggies :) : Re: The last hurrah for the piggies :) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The last hurrah for the piggies :)
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Apr 2001 03:52:24
Message: <3ADD4771.3F7EE6EF@post3.tele.dk>
Hello!

You're doing fine HE-Day, and thank you for sharing (parts! hrmm) of the
water texture.  :o)  Well, this image have developed a bit different
than I thought. Some things are good in my opinon, and some things seem
strange so I'd better mention it:

1) I see you want a "daytime" look, with lots of fresh air.. Great! From
the clouds I can see, it must even be a bit sunny... But all in all, the
picture lacks contrast now. Simply contrast. Darker shadows and light.
This was better in the early versions.

2) The planet / moon in the sky, is fully light up on the left side.
Makes me think how strong the light must be. But compared with the rest,
it's out of proportions.

3) I would consider moving the left blimp further to the left, so it
clearly is not "a part" of the station.

That's all.. Hope you don't mind that we keep telling something is a
little wrong.. It's still a great picture.

Hugo