POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Apr 2001 14:37:19
Message: <3ADC8D5E.8479C6F7@gmx.de>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> Only used 20,000 photons, which isn't near enough for the size of the water
> plane.  There's a lot of speckling.

You don't need the whole water plane, i elaborated this a bit in my
'outdoor water photons' experiments.

If only 20000 photons are distributed over the whole water the light
structures are probably fairly random and not related to the water
structure.

> What type of statistics did you want?

mostly render and photon times.

> When talking about the glow, did you mean the light from it, or the glows
> themselves?

I meant the glows themselves.  Imagine for example a fire in sunlight.
Even  if it is very bright, it's brightness is hardly visible.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>