POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 17 Apr 2001 12:28:06
Message: <3ADC6F15.F5DA8B51@gmx.de>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> It's a Ridged MF.  I'm still getting the hang of using rmf.  Any good
> tutorials out there that show what the numbers actually do?  The
> descriptions in the MPov docs don't really tell me much, and they're slow to
> render, so I'm loathe to experiment much.

I am planning to do something similar to my crackle tables with RMF for
illustration, but i did not yet have the time to work it out.  There are
more parameters for RMF so things will be more difficult.  Also it would
not be useful to only have only texture samples, because you can't easily
conclude how the corresponding isosurface looks like.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>