POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) : Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: And now for something completely different (my IRTC, take 7)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 16 Apr 2001 09:14:03
Message: <3ADAEED9.93320FDF@videotron.ca>
Geoff Wedig wrote:

> Ok, was playing around with the lighting and water effects on my IRTC image
> and came up with this.  Totally different mood, and I'm not sure which version
> I'll submit.  I've got a bunch of things I want to add, if this one (hey, you
> can see more, so more there must be!)
>
> So what do people think?
>
> Geoff

>  [Image]

It's really nice as it allows us to see more of the details that went in
the design of the fortress, however the image loses some of its mystical
feel.  For example, it really looks like the guy is just throwing his
lunch left-overs in the water (which everyone knows is bad for the
environment!).  If you keep going ahead with this background, you'd
probably need to add an underwater creature to explain what the person
is doing.

Some other slight nitpicks include:
- have the wave patterns conform to the fortress outline,
- have the first few rows of stones be wet,
- and have the clouds extend further away as they blend into the
horizon.

--
Francois Labreque | It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it
    flabreque     | is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
                  | motion.
                               - Stolen from Badger's .sig file