POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : megapov rotate -x*90 error : Re: megapov rotate -x*90 error Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: megapov rotate -x*90 error
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 14 Apr 2001 00:22:02
Message: <3AD7CF39.F01135D0@videotron.ca>
Nathan Kopp wrote:

> "Francois Labreque" <fla### [at] videotronca>...
> >

> > "Rick [Kitty5]" wrote:
> > >
> > > clunk.zip contains exactly the same, except I have added the version
> info to
> > > the main pov and ini file, now it clunks with
> >                    ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Bingo.  It seems the "Version" parameter in the ini file is not meant
> > for text strings.
> >
> > Read the message screen and you'll find out why!
> >
> > Strangely enough, moving the semi-colon to the beginning of the line
> > fixes everything.
> >
> > :)
>
> Francois, you provided all the correct info, but in such a mysterious way
> that I think I will get bug reports about this if I don't clarify:

Sorry about being a bit sarcastic, but I hate it when people don't look
at the messages on their screens and double-check the docs.  I hope I
didn't offend anyone.

> (Moving the semicolon to the beginning, of course, comments out the line in
> the INI file.)

Hence the smiley.

--
Francois Labreque | It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it
    flabreque     | is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
                  | motion.
                               - Stolen from Badger's .sig file