POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : General easy question : General easy question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  General easy question
From: Simon Tawell
Date: 13 Apr 2001 13:28:27
Message: <3AD7372E.97138A44@cgi.ca>
Hi,

I am new with povray concepts ans I have an easy question...
I have been trying to understand the way it works by looking at
the great results some people get with the software but the code
calls some lines that point to some missing files I think.  Do any
of you can tell me more about what are those files, where can
they be found or how are they generated.

The 3 instructions are:
    #include "user.inc"
    object { #include "lit.inc"
and
    height_field {  png "d:\pv3d\inc\hfgil01.png"

I know it calls for external files declared by the creator of the
picture,
but if I want to regenerate the picture with a best picture quality and
learn from it, how can I render the picture?  I assume I need to get
the files...  but from where????

thank you

Fisher