POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tulips : Re: Tulips Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tulips
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 12 Apr 2001 20:47:41
Message: <3AD64CAC.E518C920@iki.fi>
Jonathan Hunt wrote:
> Rendered at 1536 x 2048   (Scaled down to 640x480 for posting here)

As others have said, it's really nice. But, if I have to find something
to critique, it's the culms of the tulips. They don't look totally
natural to me. Looks too much just like cylinder with bumps, and not
natural one.

But I guess you left is as it is just to convince us that your pic is
not photo :-).

> Source code can be found on my POV-Ray web page...
> http://www.xlcus.co.uk/povray/

I think your sea sunset was one of the most photo-realistic ray-traced
pictures I have ever seen. Really nice. Became by new screen wallpaper.

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/