POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Orient questions : Re: Orient questions Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orient questions
From: Hans-Detlev Fink
Date: 11 Apr 2001 04:57:40
Message: <3AD41CAF.79FE06B8@pecos.n.o.s.p.a.m.de>
Without having had a look at the sources (neither MegaPOV's
nor your scene file) could it be that

a) you have a point_at statement in your area light?

 and

b) the area light is always oriented perpendicular to
   that point_at vector?

Or are the two dimensions of the area light very different,
and orient rotates the rectangle in an unexpected manner
(as you suspect in your last question) ?

-Hans-