POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC crater wip : Re: IRTC crater wip Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC crater wip
From: ZenPsycho
Date: 10 Apr 2001 20:33:04
Message: <3AD3B566.7060200@yahoo.com>
Batronyx wrote:

> ZenPsycho wrote in message <3AD### [at] yahoocom>...
>
>> Ahh this is my first IRTC entry...  It may look off topic now but bare
>> with me. mainly I'm looking for comments on the waterfall, and the
>> lighting. Eventually, the whole thing will be as detailed as the center
>> square. and there will be a large tower in the middle.. and if there's
>> time and if I can figure it out... a fortification wall 'round the edge
>> of the crater. thanks
>>

> The waterfall looks good, tho' from this distance I can't tell if it was
> modelled or if you're using an image map. I don't suppose it matters.
> The lighting on the left side of the crater is perfect, but the right crater
> wall looks far too shiny. Also, I have no idea what the red bits are
> supposed to be in the lower front center. As for the future fortification
> wall. . . judging from the craters, I think a dome of some sort might be
> more appropriate. Looking forward to seeing more.
>
> Batronyx^(TM) ^"^
> bat### [at] cadronhsacom

it's an image map. I was experimenting with the liquid spray plugin for
the waterfall but I couldn't get a good result. your inability to tell
it's an image map is entirely intentional. it's actually on a bezier
patch. I'm thinking I might add some extra splash at the bottom with a
hightfeild.. and the red bits are leftover building blocks that I left
with the default moray texture. I just haven't cleared them out of the way yet.