POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC crater wip : Re: IRTC crater wip Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC crater wip
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 10 Apr 2001 08:27:27
Message: <3AD2FB16.B0228C2F@videotron.ca>
ZenPsycho wrote:

> Ahh this is my first IRTC entry...  It may look off topic now but bare
> with me. mainly I'm looking for comments on the waterfall, and the
> lighting. Eventually, the whole thing will be as detailed as the center
> square. and there will be a large tower in the middle.. and if there's
> time and if I can figure it out... a fortification wall 'round the edge
> of the crater. thanks

>  [Image]

Pretty good stuff.  I like the idea.  If you manage to get as much
detail everywhere as you did for the central square, cudos!

On my monitor, however, the image seems to be a bit too dark and too
contrasty (is that a word?).

The outside slope of your crater should be a lot rougher, with boulders
strewn all over the place.  You should also add vehicles or figures so
we get a better sense of scale.

--
Francois Labreque | It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it
    flabreque     | is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
                  | motion.
                               - Stolen from Badger's .sig file