POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : landscape sans media : Re: landscape sans media Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: landscape sans media
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 8 Apr 2001 12:00:21
Message: <3AD08C06.56293C8B@unforgettable.com>
Abe wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This was an exercise in textures without any use of media or fog.
> MegaPOV 0.7  6m24s on 90MHz Pentium

The effect is too strong. For the mountains in back to be that bluish,
they would have to be much, much further away. (Trust me, I've lived
around them for most of my life.)

Interesting experiment, though. I've thought of trying something like
this but POV's inability to layer over patterned textures makes it tricky.

-Xplo