POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k) : Re: WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP take 2, any thoughts? (96k)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 8 Apr 2001 03:39:34
Message: <3AD015CC.3091EA28@kivisalo.net>
Bob Franke wrote:

> my screen is so bright that it hurts my eyes.

That calibration strip is most likely for gamma 2.2 so if your monitor
has higher gamma this will set the contrast rather high.

Not using white as default background helps too. I consider this to
be a bug in an OS.

>  Does everyone really set
> their monitors bright enough to completely view a gray scale?

If you are doing any image editing/publishing this is the correct way.

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net