POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB) : Re: Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB)
From: Yadgar
Date: 7 Apr 2001 21:32:39
Message: <3ACF9E13.AFFE01CB@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

"H.E. Day" schrieb:

> > so I got a fairly squeezed appearance, as you can see... even if I
> > scaled the texture as a whole (i. e. not only the pigment), the result
> > remained the same!
> >
> > Any hint to avoid that?
>
> If you're using MP .7, use the frequency keyword to control the number of time
> the texture wraps.
>
> H.E. Day
> <><

Hi Tracers!

Meanwhile, I found a solution on my own... as each original bitmap tile goes all
around the cylinder regardless of its radius, I just copied the original tile
element until I got a row of 10 x 1 elements. Then I assigned the image_map as
before and modified its y size according to its x size to get the proper ratio
(with a cylinder radius of 2, the x size is 2 * 2 * pi = 12.566371, so for a
bitmap with a side ratio of 10 : 1, y has to be 1.2566371)!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar