POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB) : Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 14:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Oriental Tileworks - problems with map_type 2 (JPG 117 KB)
From: Yadgar
Date: 7 Apr 2001 15:38:11
Message: <3ACF4ABB.A97EBA77@ndh.net>
Hi Tracers!

Today I started experimenting with an image_map texture... all worked
well until I decided to wrap the bitmap I used for the floor plane
around a cylinder, using map_type 2. The cylinder in the center of the
image is  <0, 0, 40>, <0, 15, 40>, 2, so the image_map had to be scaled
to <1, 15, 1> for original ratio. With that scaling, the pattern looked
way too large, so I decided to scale it again to <0.1, 0.1, 0.1>. But
obviously, with map_type 2, scaling seems only to work in one direction,

so I got a fairly squeezed appearance, as you can see... even if I
scaled the texture as a whole (i. e. not only the pigment), the result
remained the same!

Any hint to avoid that?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar