POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water photons 2 (103k) : Re: Water photons 2 (103k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water photons 2 (103k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Apr 2001 17:04:10
Message: <3AC797C5.4CF8F14B@gmx.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> It looks good, but judging from the scale of the water ripples and
> caustics, the structure is a very small scale model, maybe 5 feet long.
> Much smaller than expected, anyway...

I know, already thought about making the waves smaller, but feared that
the caustics would get too uniform.

> I'm not sure if it would make much of a difference in appearance, but
> the render time shouldn't be to bad if you don't use pigment functions.

At least the water line looks very straight so i will probably try it
sometime, but i suppose it would be indeed quite a bit slower, especially
for the radiosity calculations.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>