POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP, any thoughts? (84k) : Re: WIP, any thoughts? (84k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 16:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP, any thoughts? (84k)
From: Jari Juslin
Date: 31 Mar 2001 20:09:41
Message: <3AC67FD4.3631BE8A@iki.fi>
Bob Franke wrote:
> Thanks in advance for any comments.

Very nice. I especially like the left and middle wall - they are very
close to realistically crumbled wall. When it comes improvements, the
man is, while being very realistic as model and position, quite plastic
in textures.

I'd also make the the floor and maybe the right wall a little more dirty
and weathered, and use area light to blur the edges of the light a bit.
Now it looks like there was some really bright and close artificial
light pointing downwards. And possibly make the scene a little bit
darker - now it is quite clearly lit, but I can't see what is the source
of the light. Have you used radiosity? I'd use radiosity, no ambient and
only the two lights we can already see.

--
          /"\                           |    iki.
          \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    fi/