POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [0/1] : Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Mar 2001 12:50:03
Message: <3AC4C7F3.C474CF1@inapg.inra.fr>
Lutz-Peter Hooge wrote:

> In article <3AC4B8D0.47B58239@gmx.de>, chr### [at] gmxde says...
> > brightness 1 is a fairly universal value that should be realistic in most
> > cases.  If you change an existing scene for using radiosity, it's often
> > even useful to use lower values.
> I had to set it so 0.3, at 1 everything is white... maybe because I use
> colors > rgb 1.
> But theres another problem: 0 PPS even with HQOn=0 :-(
> Only if I switch EVERYTHING off (reflections, isosurfaces, arealights
> etc), I can get a preview.

Strange. I use HQOn=0 on my old, slow Pentium 133. Note that scenes that use
these settings :
- have only one light source
- all objects have ambient = 0
- have few reflections
- have few (or none !) objects with ior
- colors are normal (below rgb 1)

I hope this helps, but as I design images around radiosity, I can't say that
these settings are universal.

G.
--

http://www.oyonale.com