POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [0/1] : Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1]
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Mar 2001 12:37:59
Message: <3AC4C51E.A1AB420E@inapg.inra.fr>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> >             brightness 2
>
> Are you sure about that?
> brightness 1 is a fairly universal value that should be realistic in most
> cases.  If you change an existing scene for using radiosity, it's often
> even useful to use lower values.

Well, it happens that I use brightness 2 in scenes where I have direct
photographic references (I just cut and pasted the settings here), so the
choice is only dictated by the similarity between the "real" scene and its
rendered version (I'm not talking about the Cornell box here, but of complex,
real-life pictures). These images also require extremely bright lights.
But you're right,  brightness level depends on the scene. My "Contrast" image
used 1.2 for instance (but it was not based upon a photography). I don't
remember using values lower than 1. It's more an aesthetic choice than a
technical one IMHO.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com