POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [0/1] : Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gallery - gallery9_lowkb.jpg [1/1]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Mar 2001 12:40:12
Message: <3AC4C4FC.18634B71@gmx.de>
Kevin Ellis wrote:

> In the room WIP I posted a while ago which only has one window I have to use
> a brightness of above 3 to be able to see anything except blackness, it all
> depends on how much of the scene is actually lit by direct light. I
> regularly use a brightness of about 2 though.

It's usually better to increase the ambient finish of the light emitting
objects than to increase brightness.  While the fist only brings more
light in the scene, the brightness parameter strongly influences the
colors of the scene in an often unrealistic way.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>