POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gaston (~50 k) : Re: Gaston (~50 k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gaston (~50 k)
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 27 Mar 2001 09:23:18
Message: <3AC0A1B3.9D0E336B@skynet.be>
Francois Labreque wrote:

> There are a series of strips where a runaway bowling ball wrecks
> havoc in the office building, crushing toes and heads alike

And don't forget the nut stuck in a hole of the ball...

Gaston Lagaffe is a work of about a thousand pages, mostly one-page
stories, plenty of fun.  It's sad that it isn't known
more worldwidely, as that kind humor is quite universal.

Franquin was a close friend of Peyo, who created the Smurfs, no less.

For the record, Franquin found the original name of Smurfs
(Schtroumpfs),
while he was dining with Peyo and asked him the salt, but he couldn't
find the word "salt", and said "give me the... the schtroumpf".
He also designed the big long-necked bird who frightens the Smurfs
in one album.

Fabien.