POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : See post entitled "texturing in CSG" [2 * 4Kbu] : Re: See post entitled "texturing in CSG" [2 * 4Kbu] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 18:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: See post entitled "texturing in CSG" [2 * 4Kbu]
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 27 Mar 2001 08:15:56
Message: <3AC091BF.A0D5C49D@videotron.ca>
Eureka!

Francois Labreque wrote:

> Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:
>
> > #declare Model=R175(HighLOD,0.875,0.5)
> > #declare Model=object{Model rotate -x*90 texture{SzaryStalowy}}
>                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Comment this out and it clears your problem.  I have no explanantion as
> to why it would override your handle's texture but not my sphere's, but
> you are re-associating a texture to an object that already has one.

It happens because R175 is a macro and macros are expanded before
parsing, so the line becomes

#declare Model=object{ union{obj1 obj2 obj3 ...} tex1 trans1
texture(SzaryStalowy)}

Which is just an object with a layered textures.  Since SzaryStalowy is
not transparent, the whole box becomes gray.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.