POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PoVMan Q: Shaders and displace warp? : Re: PoVMan Q: Shaders and displace warp? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVMan Q: Shaders and displace warp?
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 27 Mar 2001 06:57:33
Message: <3AC080B3.7DF27B8E@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Michael Andrews wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > The PoV code parses OK and the render window appears (I'm using wpovman
> > 0.71.3), but I then get a message "Rendering error. Pigment type 3 not
> > yet implemented" and the renderer stops. What I don't know is if this
> > message is given by the shader or by the displace warp code.
> >

> AFAIK this can only be generated by the shader, i don't know about such a
> message in the warp code.

OK, I'd started to think this, too.

> > In the shader the only built in variables I'm using are P and Ci, so I
> > believe this should even work as a 'non-object' shader.
> >

> If the shader works in an isosurface function, it should work in a
> displace warp as well.  Vahur has added support for isosurface functions
> recently, see:

Right, I made the declaration and return modifications (made it return
the length of the calculated displacement vector) and it worked fine.

On further testing I've found that the shader pigment will exit with the
same error when I use it in a pigment_map statement, as soon as the
renderer hits the shaded object. This may help to track the problem?

> Subject: POVMan 0.7 available
> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:12:14 +0200
> From: Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] aetecee>
> Newsgroups: povray.unofficial.patches
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
> IsoWood include, radiosity tutorial, TransSkin and other
> things on: http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/

I'll post an example image using the shader as a pigment ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.